What is a rescue?
It's not deliberate. You have good intentions. Time runs away from you while you are busy running your business. You thought you could do it all. Or maybe, you had someone who you thought could do it, but couldn't. Over time the problem became so big that:
- it's taken over your office
- it keeps you awake at night
- you don't know where to start
- you're fearful that CRA will call
- you have no idea how much HST, WSIB and/or taxes you owe
Because every “rescue job” is as individual as you are I can’t say exactly what I need to do to clean it up, get you up to date or how long it will take. During the initial consultation when I complete a “Health Check” I will explain to you what the problems are and what needs to happen to transform your data file into a source that provides you with reliable information.
Some of the issues I will address are:
- Bank Accounts or Credit Cards that don't reconcile with statements
- Old outstanding transactions in the bank account or credit cards
- Receivables and Payables don't balance with the Balance Sheett
- The A/R and A/P aren't "real" i.e. the outstanding bills and invoices have been paid but show as outstanding
- Incorrectly remitted HST and source deductions
- Payroll categories are incorrectly set up
- Unreliable inventory figures
Keeping It on the Right Path
Once the books are up-to-date and accurate, ongoing bookkeeping services are required to keep them current. You may hire Hourglass Resources or you may take QB training with me to learn how to do it.