Do you qualify for the Disability Credit?
- Must have a prolonged Mental and/or Physical Disability
- Must have a valid S.I.N. and currently live in Canada
- You or your spouse, parent or family member must have paid income taxes
Disabilities that may be eligible (but not limited to):
- Back/Neck Pain
- Bladder Problems
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Brain Injury
- Crohn's Disease
- Diabetes (Type 1)
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- Hearing Impairment
- Learning Disabilities
- Legally Blind
- Markedly Restricted in Daily Living
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Walking Restrictions
What's Next to Qualify?
- Call 613-652-4928 for a customized T2201 Disability Tax Credit Certificate Form.
- Your doctor fills out the T2201 Disability Tax Credit Certificate Form.
- Hourglass Resources submits the form to Canada Revenue Agency.
- CRA makes a determination of whether or not you qualify.
- If you quality, you claim the credit on your income tax return, drastically reducing the tax you owe. It often results in an income tax refund.
- Hourglass Resources completes a T1ADJ form to claim the credit for prior income tax years; up to 10 years.
What's Refund Amount Can I Expect?
- Average working individuals may get an extra $1,500 per tax year on their refunds.
- Individuals who apply for adjustments to prior years, may receive reassessments resulting in $5,000, $10,000 or more refunded.